The mission of the Open Communities Collective is to work cooperatively with neighborhoods within the Fort Collins community that have become marginalized, either historically or as a result of gentrification, to help them express and reach their goals.
- We work to empower neighborhoods by educating them about the dynamics in our local government and ensuring that they have access to the decision makers in that government.
- We strive to prevent dependency relationships from forming, including and especially our own.
- We respect and help maintain cultural and socio-economic diversity within the neighborhoods in which we work
- We work with the city government to ensure a sustainable affordable housing structure within Fort Collins.
- We maintain positive working relationships with the decision makers in our City.